Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 5 - Sun, 7/18

We gathered for breakfast in Warwick Hampton Inn - Bob neat in his road attire, Genie pretty in her loose flowing church dress, me, well. Leaving RI we passed Genie's little blue car on I95 then headed north toward Boston. That was anticlimactic trip - not much traffic, not much to see.

But...

Saw an odd little fellow in a conductor outfit at the trolley museum in Kennebunkport Maine. He was sad when we left. (I had hoped to take a picture of Bob in front of Bush compound.)

Saw nesting osprey in a restaurant parking lot (with feed from webcam displayed in the foyer).

Saw (and traversed) spectacular suspension bridge over body of water (somewhere in Maine) where colonials lost a bunch of ships in revolution.

Looking down a thousand feet or so from rocky dome of Cadillac mountain to Bar Harbor, looking across Acadia woodland, looking across ocean through distant mist - imagining Nova Scotia (where we will be tomorrow), witnessed the most spectacular scenery I have ever witnessed.

Experienced the road - which in Z4 is visceral and direct.




(View of Bar Harbor from Cadillac - which I expect is named after explorer and not car - saw no Escalade Highlands. Picture copied off Internet. I left my camera back at Hampton Inn where we checked in first before going to Bar Harbor.)


(The bridge. Revolutionary war engagement took place in water below - I think. Wish I remember the details - they appeared on nearby plaque.)



(At the seashore trolley museum near Kennebunkport. There were other fellows standing around eager to explain things. In the same spirit as the Quonset hut display near Providence where a grizzled old seabee standing at the door of a hut invited us in, promising artifacts and information. I bought a new cap and a cup of coffee at the trolley place.)

No comments:

Post a Comment