Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 1 - Wed, 7/14

Mostly pictures - I'll add/hone words as time is available.

Left Mt. Holly about 7:30 AM. Posting this from Hampton Inn in Woodstock Va - about 400 miles (not as crow flies). We took I77 to Blue Ridge Parkway, went to the end of that then got on I81 and ended up here. I drove Parkway. Got Z4's temperature and fuel guages confused, kept telling Bob that we had 1/2 tank of gas when we were about to run dry. (Engine temp fine.)

Tomorrow it's upstate NY (the Poughkeepsie area - which might not be really upstate).


(Roanoke from Parkway - I81 out there somewhere, parallel to Parkway. Parkway occasionally passes through people's back yards; other times through wilderness. Endless streams of motorcycles going south - all hovering near center line of old narrow road. Going down hills select BMW's manual transmission mode - exhaust pops and burbles in lower gears.)


(James River - lock and old canal nearby.)



(Old car convention at one of restaurants on Parkway. Guy in parking lot accosted me to say that he has a BMW motorcycle and when I said we might get to Newfoundland said he went there lots of times.)



(Bob waiting in car while I shoot pictures. We don't stop too often.)

No comments:

Post a Comment